Updated: Aug 29, 2020
"I think people are just eating to survive right now," a corporate client told me yesterday.
Food behaviors are chaotic right now-- I saw a guy at the store with 12 packages of Milano cookies in his cart. That was all he was buying.
I have nothing against eating cookies ( I just had a chocolate chunk coconut oatmeal one) but I do know this-- we need to eat well to survive and thrive.
Yesterday I wrote how happiness is key to keeping our immune system from crashing during a stressful time. Today, I want to remind you that food is one of the best strategies to IMPROVE your immune system.
A simple nutrition framework can dramatically improve your immune system by boosting the gut microbiome. Research proves that a diet with more plants, healthy fats, and fiber-rich foods is the healthiest (and happiest) path to a better defensive system.
Meals cooked from your own home can be a source of joy, happiness and health for you and your whole family. They don't have to be a source of additional stress and frustration, I promise. All these meals can be made in less than 20 minutes, in one pan and don't require fancy ingredients.
Here are my clients top 5 favorite recipes that boost your metabolism and mood that can come from your own pantry.
1) Simple Skillet Black Bean Dinner to serve with chips, tortillas, avocado and sour cream.
2) Nora's Perfect Tuna Salad with high fiber crackers + veggies on the side
3) Garlickly Pasta with Kale + Sausage with homemade sourdough bread
4) High Fiber Pumpkin Muffins from the 30 Day Slim Down Plan for breakfasts.
5) Cheesy Lentil Casserole this is a family favorite from when I was a little girl.
To grab ALL these recipes, I put together a limited time recipe pack here. Go grab your free download with those three new recipes I use all the time, and that my family loves.