When it comes to meal planning most of us fall to a few favorites to get us by-- and that's good because seasonal rhythms help us to vary our nutrition within different seasonal vegetables and foods.
Fall is a great time to eat slow cooked foods that warm us up-- and here are a few of my favorite fall recipes:
1) Fennel Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Blackberry Sauce is from the Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook, one of my surprise favorites for something a little more fancy than everyday pork tenderloin. You can find the recipe here
2) I love myself a good Chicken Pot Pie and I love this a recipe with tarragon from the Silver Palate Cookbook is very similar to this one from the New York Times.
3) My kids are really into Pumpkin Chili similar to this one (except I only use 2 Tb of brown sugar and less pumpkin pie spice)
4) Every year when the weather turns cold, my mother and I love making this staple Beer Braised Chicken Stew with creamy mushrooms and peas.
5) This Soup Met Bolletjes used to be a staple on Sunday afternoons at my Oma's growing up--as the Dutch like to say "Soups in the Air"-- and this one with meatballs warms you up immensely (except that we always add fine egg noodle vermicelli to ours!)
Here are some of the favorite Slim Down Recipe for the fall by category:
All the Pumpkin
High Fiber Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin Chocolate Granola Cottage Cheese Bowl
Pumpkin Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Spiced Cashew Energy Balls
Yummiest Apple Recipe
High Fiber Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Best Brussels Sprouts Salad
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprout, Apple & Pecan Salad
Creamy Curry Lentil Soup